The Happy Feet International Lifetime Limited Residential Warranty For Luxury Vinyl Plank Means That For 30 Years After Purchase Date:
- Will not wear through
- Will be free of manufacturing defects
- Will not rip or tear from normal household use
- Will not discolor from the bottom-up from the underlayment panels, as well as mold, mildew, or alkali
Wear through is defined as loss of the floor design due to normal household use. We recommend using floor protectors. As a general rule of thumb, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protectors should be.
The Happy Feet International 20 Year Limited Commercial Warranty For Luxury Vinyl Plank
What is covered and length of coverage?
For light commercial installations (example: common areas in multi-unit dwellings and low traffic retail shops) the product is warranted to be free from manufacturing defects for 20 years from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty is reported to HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL in writing within 20 years of purchase, HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL will supply new material of the same or similar grade sufficient to repair or replace the defective material.
What will HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL do if any of the above happens?
(For ALL residential vinyl plank limited product warranties)
If any of the above should occur within the warranty periods specified above for each flooring product, HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL will furnish comparable luxury vinyl plank flooring of similar color, pattern, and quality for either the repair of the defective area or the replacement of the floor, at our option. And, if your floor was professionally installed, HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL will also pay reasonable labor costs for the direct repairs or replacements. HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL will replace or repair a floor discolored from mold, mildew, or alkali one time. If the replacement or repair fails in the same manner a second time, the flooring conditions may not be acceptable for the installation of vinyl tile or plank.
What is not covered by these warranties?
- Damage caused by fire, flooding, or intentional abuse
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar, caster wheels, and cutting from sharp objects
- When vacuuming, we recommend using the wand attachment on your vacuum
- Because rolling casters can damage floors, we do not recommend them
- Loss of gloss/scratching
- Minor color, shade or texture variations between samples or printed color photography and the actual material
- Floors that are not graded "regular"
- Floors that are installed in other than owner-occupied or tenant-occupied residencies (Except products that are noted as warranted light commercial)
- Installation-related errors or damage included improper condition of job-site and flooring materials
- Construction damage after installation
- Floors discolored from moisture or underlayment panels after having been repaired or replaced by HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL one time
- Floors damaged by excessive moisture from sources such as flooding and water leakage
- Installation defects
- Damage caused by abuse such as moving appliances across the floor without adequate protection. When moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and "walk" the item across it. This protects your floor from scuffing and tears
What is excluded from these warranties?
- None of our installers, retailers, distributors, or employees has the ability to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers, or exclusions under any of our warranties
- We exclude and will not be liable for or pay incidental, consequential, or special damages under our warranties. By this we mean any loss, expense, or damage other than to the flooring itself that may result from a defect in the flooring. Our limited warranties constitute the only express warranties for the product purchased
- To the extent permitted by law and for all non-consumer product, all warranties other than our limited warranties, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed. If any implied warranty arises under state law, any and all implied warranties (including any warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) are limited in duration to the duration of this written warranty, to the extent allowed by law
- Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you
- These warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction
Proper installation plays a key role in the performance of HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL floors. For installation of vinyl plank, these basic guidelines should be followed:
- Store planks for 48 hours in room where they will be installed. Keep room at a minimum of 65 degrees Fahrenheit during that time and during installation. After installation, temperature should not fall below 65 degrees for the first 48 hours and not below 65 degrees after that
- If room is heated by radiant coils in the subfloor, the TEMPERATURE OF THE FLOOR should not exceed 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- The subfloor must be level, clean, and free of wax, grease, oil, or dust
- If necessary, patch or fill any cracks in the subfloor with patch, or latex underlayment
- Use embossing
- Install over smooth, well-bonded resilient floors or over dry concrete and wood floors with a plywood overlay
- This limited product warranty does not cover the installation of the product, even though HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL will pay reasonable labor costs for covered repair or replacement if your floor was professionally installed and the floor product fails for reasons other than installation error. Installation errors are the responsibility of the installer. While installations not performed according to our requirements do not void the product warranty, damage or problems with the flooring related to improper installation are not covered
This warranty applies only to Professionally Installed or DIY installations by a homeowner for his or her own residential end use. This warranty extends only to the original end user and is not transferable. PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPT OR OBTAIN IT FROM THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER. HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL needs the flooring receipt in order to verify date and proof of purchase to resolve any problems that may occur. For professionally installed floors, the original receipt for installation labor may also be required. In the event that you have a flooring concern, HAPPY FEET INTERNATIONAL will cover the cost of hiring an independent inspector, but if the inspection report comes back deemed that it is an installation error or onsite issue, the inspection fee will be charged back to the dealer/distributor/homeowner.
Why Flooring Fails in the Builder MarketWith the increase of new housing starts for 2017 comes good and bad news. The good news is the increased business for the flooring world. The bad news is the continuance of fast track homes and the installation issues that we have to deal with. Below are the issues that I [...]
QuickFitFlooring type: 5mm Loose Lay with Beveled EdgeResidential Warranty: Lifetime LimitedCommercial Warranty: 20 Year LimitedComposition: 100% Virgin PVC Material / FiberglassLayerWear Layer: 22mil Total Wear SurfaceAdditional Benefits:•UV Cured PolyurethaneFinish•100%Waterproof•Anti-Microbial•Anti-Scratch•Anti-Slip•FloorScoreCertifiedMeasurementSize: 9” x 48”Carton Size: 8 pieces (24 sq. ft. per carton) Pallet Size: 60 cartons (1,440 sq. ft. per pallet)InstallationDIY Level: EasyInstallation Method: Loose LayMidnight HF750Caramel HF751Foxwood HF752Sawtooth Grey HF753Ashwood HF754Installation Guide Loose-LayPlease follow these instructions [...]
It’s Time To Do It RightGenerally I side with installers when there are issues. But lately, the rash of calls I have been receiving on installers not taking the time to do things correctly, I have to re-think my stance. There is nothing more frustrating than when your asked to provide training and you show the installers the correct way [...]
Installation Expertise with Tim McAdooJ.J. Haines & Co., Inc.Dealing With Old Adhesive ResidueAfter removing the existing flooring, sometimes dealing with the existing adhesive residue that has been left behind can be quite a task and many questions need answered.What type of adhesive is it?Is my new adhesive compatible with the existing adhesive?Does it contain *asbestos? How [...]
Bostik TruColor Urethane GroutBostik TruColor Premium, Pre-Mixed, Urethane Grout is a patented, water-based, grout offering the ultimate in color accuracy, water resistance, and stain and crack protection. This breakthrough formulation installs up to 50% faster than traditional grouts, and never needs to be sealed. Its perfect balance of flexibility and toughness enables it to exhibit unmatched performance. Unlike other grouts that contain [...]
Bostik Dimension Urethane GroutDimension RapidCure Glass-Filled, Pre-Mixed, Urethane Grout is a patented, reflective, water based, urethane grout. Dimension RapidCure contains micro-glass beads and a translucent, urethane binder that both reflect light as well as allow it to pass through. This creates a variety of aesthetic effects in virtually all tile options available today. It may [...]
Flooring Marketing – Be leery of flooring products that are promoting and showing their flooring products installed over poor subfloor conditions as shown below. In my travels, I see many flooring displays showing that their flooring can be installed over subfloors in absolute poor condition or existing floors also in poor condition.But, when you dig [...]
State of the IndustryIn the flooring world we are in a trend of easy to install flooring products, floating, locking, self- sticking. This has made us more of a DIY flooring industry. Products today are easier to install than they were 20 years ago. Products have been dummied up, taking more and more ability away [...]
What is FloorScore Certified FloorScore is a voluntary, independent certification program that tests and certifies hard surface flooring and the materials they’re made with to ensure they are in compliance [...]